Long pop up waste rod?

I'm installing a new cloakroom basin where the tap is in the corner about 20cm from the waste. I want to reuse my Roca monobloc with popup waste, problem is the horizontal rod is only 16cm long. I have found a 310mm rod that could be cut to size:

the question is, will it fit? i.e. is the ball bit generally the same size between brands? Or any bright ideas on how I could extend the rod? Thanks!

Reply to
AA

20cm from the waste. I want to reuse my Roca monobloc with popup waste, pr= oblem is the horizontal rod is only 16cm long.

size between brands?

I dont know. At that price I reckon most of us could afford to try and see.

Cut it, insert new steel rod between the halves, weld. Or make a fibreglass reinforced resin sleeve joint. Or if you cant do anything better, even use a 30A choc block, but that can work loose in time. Without knowing the dimensions involved its hard to suggest anything more.

NT

Reply to
NT