London got the Olympics

Quote from the 5th July Autocar test of the Lexus RX400h Hybrid '4x4' - this is a true 'Chelsea Tractor' given that it can't go off road even if needed to.

"The real world has a habit of dismantling arguments built on > simulations, though, and this seems to be especially true with hybrids. > As many Prius owners have found, its quoted combined figure of 65.7mpg > is anything but realistic. It's the same with the RX400h. Given a normal > mix of roads and conditions we averaged 25mpg, 10 mpg short of the > official combined figure."

Given that the 'excuse' for having this sort of vehicle in towns is that it's used at weekends for recreational stuff like towing boats etc, I'd love to know how it would get on at that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" babbled in message news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...in a senile manner...

What was the point of this post? I don't see any whatsoever.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Not surprising - your reading comprehension is near zero.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)