Lol

A full newel post in screwme is £22.99 and a half newel post is £15.99...you would have thought it being half of one, so the price should be half.

Ding!

Reply to
George

Doesn't work for cucumbers either!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Buy a full newel post and save nearly 40% !

(Newel post halving tools can be found on page 87 from just £24.99)

Reply to
Paul Herber

Thus spake John ( snipped-for-privacy@idontlikespam.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

And instead of "Buy One Get One Free" offers, why can't they just sell those lines at half price? It drives me maaaaaaad, speshly when I only want

*one* of the items.
Reply to
A.Clews

Recently at my local Morry Bongos they had Muller Corner yoghurts on at £2.18 for a pack of six or 2 packs for £2.00!! People were buying them and giving the other pack away it didn't half confuse the checkout operators when people were going through saying "Oh no, I haven't bought this my friend/mother/a stranger gave it to me!!

John

Reply to
John

Does Screwfix sell cucumbers now?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, its what will be delivered if you order masonry drills.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Because reducing the price would hit their profits. A BOGOF on the other hand they can blackmail the supplier into funding.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have bench saw already so's not a proble cutting in half. :-)

Reply to
George

But obviously a problem cutting the word PROBLEM in half or is that a new French pronunciation?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Well when I get a new eyboard things will be fine, until then Im afraid the ey's remain naced. This hammer comes in handy. :-)

Reply to
George

Your keyboard does need changing. Before you seemed to have a problem with the letter 'm' now it appears to be the letter 'k'!

P.S. I am presuming "naced" should read KNACKERED, if so you also starting to have a problem with "e" and "r" So I suggest you stop typing words endind in 'ker' like ....I am sure you will work it out!.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Now you seem to have dodgy eys...your 'g' is foobard.

Reply to
George

Mr. Bounder: Listen...can you say the letter K? Mr. Smoketoomuch: Oh, yes. Khaki, kettle, Kipling, Khomeini, Kellog's Born Flakes. Mr. Bounder: Well, why don't you say the letter K instead of the letter C? Mr. Smoketoomuch: Well, you mean, pronounce "blassified" with a K? Mr. Bounder: Yes, absolutely! Mr. Smoketoomuch: Classified! Mr. Bounder: Good! Mr. Smoketoomuch: Oh, it's very good! I never thought of that before. What a silly bunt.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's been your experience?

On your heart now ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

s:

Tesco had a similar offer on some cereal recently. The best ones I have had are products reduced because they are near their sell buy date. If the BOGOF or special offer isn't cancelled then the discount is applied at the full rate and you can end up being paid to take them away.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

er, I didn't calculate anything, I just pulled an appropriate figure out of thin air.

Reply to
Paul Herber