loft sockets

i have just had some electricians install some sockets in the loft and the mcb they told me to buy is only a 16A instead of a 32A like downstairs sockets ETC. there are 4 doubles on the loft ring so to speak but these i done my self all they done was install the cable up there and install the mcb

16A will be fine, but 20A would be more normal. You don't have to run the sockets in a ring. You can branch off to your heart's content. Don't worry about not having 32A available, I don't think you need the ability to run 7kW of appliances up there!
Christian.

and studio for myself it has 4 double sockets cable goeas into first then daisy chains to the last is this also the correct way or not

I would not see a problem using a 16amp MCB on such a load, but 20A is usually used. What sort of electricians "told you to buy" such parts as MCBs? Supplying these should be part of their service. You would not take a car in for repair and be told which parts to bring.
-- Adam
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:54:02 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

that 1 MCB would not have made a lot of difference.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

You can wire it in any configuration that pleases you. You can daisy chain each in turn, run as a ring, or branch off in a tree.
Unless you are planning to have a 3kW fan heater up there, I wouldn't bother changing to a 20A MCB. You'd probably actually get the 3kW fan heater and computer simultaneous on 16A, anyway.
Christian.