loft ladder revisited

Now its the new year time to think about what we have learned ... A proper loft ladder is required. A couple of options at two points in the market (i.e. prices !):

or

Is it worth paying twice the price for one with much better insulation and probably slightly more sturdy, although I notice it does not have a hand rail or a gas strut like the cheaper one ?

I guess one could beef up the insulation in the cheap one by mounting the thing further into the loft and adding a celotex sandwich under it, but you would need a mechanism to extend the catch.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The first claims to be EN 14975 certified, which sets the safety and load standards for loft ladders. The second only mentions EN 12207, which relates to airtightness.

I wouldn't bother for the relatively small area of a loft access hatch.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

We have the 49.99 one, works fine.>