Loft insulation part 2...

Apologies for the new thread, just the other one had gotten quite long and argumentative, and hopefully this will be a much simpler question anyway.

Well, I rolled up some of the fibre glass insulation - there is still plenty between the joists - and have now partially layered the loft over with the chipboard that was there before. Fibre glass is indeed nasty stuff with the fibres getting everywhere. I don't know why they didn't use one of the many alternatives available which are just as cheap - like rockwool, but anyway.

Is there any way I can safely deal with the small fibrous pieces that have settled on top of the boards and around the entrance to the loft hatch which I have boarded, to avoid me having to wear gloves to protect my hands every time I go up there?

I was thinking of just vacumming it, but knowing my luck the fibres will be small enough to escape through it.

Reply to
John Smith

vacuuming is good.

Reply to