Loft insulation Grant

I enquired about a loft insulation grant recently with my local council and was directed to a national company that installs the insulation after an inpsection and quote then they knock 50% off thermowarm or something like that they were called.

I heard someone who bought the stuff, did it themselves and provided the receipts to the local council for a part refund of the costs.

What is the way to get a grant for loft insulation ?

Reply to
Vass

Through the utility companies. We got npower to do ours - £109 to do loft only. Could have got both loft and cavity wall insulation for a total of £230 but we haven't got cavity walls :o)

BTW, we don't get either gas or leccy from npower but they still did the loft insulation.

John.

Reply to
John

For varous technical reasns I had to do my own loft insulaton, dove-tailing the work with other jobs I was doing in the loft at the same time. So I more or less had to pass over the offer of subsidised work from BG or whoever, and am not aware of any grants available to me for doing this work myself (which I finished last motth). All a bit frustrating, but at least Wickes had the 3-for-2 offer on for the insulation rolls at the time.

Egremont

Reply to
Egremont

To get a loft grant or they do it for you, you have to have these... War Disablement Pension(with constant attendance or mobility supplement). Income support (must include disability premium) Child tax credit(with an income of less than £15,050). Working tax credit (£15,050)must include disability premium. Disability living allowance. Council tax benefit (must include disability premium). Attendance allowance. Housing benefit (must include disability premium). Industrial injuries disablement pension(with constant attendance or mobility supplement).

Over 60 Pension credit Income support Housing benefit Council tax benefit Income based jobseekers allowance

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote: whoops! any of those. lol

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Anyone can get a grant. I know cos I just got one and I'm not in any of=20 those categories. I think those categories get you a 100% grant and=20 everyone else gets 50% or thereabouts. But beware, it took five months=20 for my work to be done cos the installation company was so busy so I=20 would check how busy your preferred company is before booking them. A=20 list of all suppliers is at

Income support (must include disability premium)

--=20 ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England =20 |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

No you don't need to meet any of that criteria in order to get a grant. I know that cos I don't meet it and still got a grant.

I think you're getting confused with additional grant savings that can be made if you fall into those categories.

Reply to
RedOnRed

In article , Anna Kettle writes

I've just had an offer from powergen to cavity insulate the walls for

50% of the cost (£75) I thought this was a great offer a) if you have cavity walls and b) if they are not filled already unfortunately I am b) but for that amount its nearly worth taking the old stuff out and refilling it :-)
Reply to
David