Loft Insulation

Page 6 of 10

Can't you read? he said that he doubled the insulation over his bedroom and it was better comfort conditions than the neighbours.

That isn't what he said at all. He said that he insulated it to 150mm, but did not say what was there before. If it was nothing, then of course there was an effect because the U value is reduced from about 2 down to less than 0.4
Do you know about how to calculate thermal conductivity and use U values?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

He said " I insulated my loft to 150mm. I had lots of insulation over so doubled up over the main bedroom where I sleep. his bedroom is warmer in winter, and thankfully last summer a lot cooler."
He makes the point: "I could always sleep while neighbours complained they were too hot to sleep in similar houses to mine."
How many house do not have insulation in the loft these days? Either he and all his neighbour never had any at all according to you. Please try to use common sense.

Such a sense of humour. Did you belly laugh at the last episode of the Vicar of Dibley? What a hoot!

OK. However, the starting point was not stated. If it was nothing to 300mm, it suggests that 150mm was never tried in isolation, so doesn't then mean a great deal.

The discussion was never about "none" vs. "some". I completely agree with that - going from a U value of 2 down to under 0.5 is clearly beneficial.
The point is about going beyond that when the walls still have a U value of 2 and always has been.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

It does.

LOL, such a wit!

You have never studied science, mathematics or anything else requiring logical deduction, I presume.
There's no comparison information given.

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

An honours degree in science.

Which science? Which educational institution?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

This is such fun.

David

David, me old strange one. You have the wrong person. Again! MY sigs have never had such stuff in them.
How are the staff to you at the clinic these days?

writes

--
David

David,
Stop pretending to be other people

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:14:39 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@chaplehouse.demon.co.uk wrote:

Really? When was that?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
snipped-for-privacy@chaplehouse.demon.co.uk wrote:

Oh my gawd. Of all the useless berks I have ever employed, apart from 'media and womens studies', computer scientists are the worst of all for sheer inability to achieve anything of a practical nature.
I might have guessed.
All theory and no comprehension of real life.

you are that bluffer from the snotty uni aren't you?

(But I think I can take it...)
Stefek

BA in computer science. That is a BSc.

Not necessarily. Or, in other words, you're wrong again. Trinity College Dublin does a BA in Comp Sci, and many Universities do combined BA Comp Sci/Maths, Comp Sci and Accounting, etc. Come on old chap, try to broaden your knowledge. Ditch the chip on your shoulder.
Cheers Clive

Well the Irish would.

Pure computing is not a BA...unless in Ireland.