Loft Insulation

Page 3 of 10

Imm wrote:

You can have both. I do. Look at the benefits to the upper rooms only. You are looking at the house as one big blob.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:59:12 -0000, "David Moodie"

THe heatloss calculator programs from the radiator manufacturers have this data as well....

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote:> >You missed it again. It is not a mater of either or. It is cheap to pack

walls
eventually.
more
level
You have totally missed it! Wow!

Missed it again. Look back at my post re: the upper floor/loft ceilings having a large area. That is half the house.

If you think that, there is something wrong with your arithmetic.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

heat
A lot is right with the logic though.

I prefer to base logical argument on hard facts.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote:> >> >Missed it again. Look back at my post re: the upper floor/loft ceilings

Then you must agree with me then.

With two affirmative words:
Yeah. Right.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

That's better.

more various things
Gentlemen, let me say, this thread has me howling. ROFL is pretty much true here. I wouldn't have believed that insulation was such a fun thing :)
Andy, I praise your consistency, coolness under pressure, sufferance etc etc. But, as long as you have an orifice in your rectum, IMM will not be moved.
IMM, as long as you are numerically challenged, Andy will not falter. Also, I feel that you are destined for trolldom.
What a hoot :)

Me thinks you are NOT a bystander at all.

I hadn't appreciated that insulation was the art of insulting people.
John
--
John Rouse

writes

Mr bystander is one of our regulars pretending to be someone else.

Of course

You've never heard of insultion-tape?
IMM wrote:

Insulation would only become more expensive if there was really a very limited supply of raw materials for it. There's not really, is there? So if energy gets much more expensive there'll be more demand for insulation material, which in turn means: higher volume of manufacture -> economy of scale -> cheaper product; bigger market -> more competition -> cheaper product; bigger market -> more incentive for R&D to find better and cheaper insulating products -> cheaper and/or better product.

I've missed the beginning of this thread so I apologise if I am going over old ground, but please could you tell me if this is reasonable. I have had a company in this morning who have quoted me on fitting loft insulation. We have a reasonably small sized end of terraced three bedroomed house and they have quoted 10 inches of insulation. The price that they have quoted is 125.00, is this amount about right, we are in the London area (don't know if that makes a difference!)
Thanks in advance

more
the
250mm. Sound a decent price to me and a decent thickness too.

Rockwool is made by melting rocks. This is energy intensive.

That us actually a good return on the investment and so should be done.