Loft conversions

All,

We are looking at getting our loft converted into a non-dorma, standard velux type loft. We have a timber framed house, with apparently single skin brick.

One firm came around to see us, and mentioned that we would have to have a pillar on both sides of the house to take the extra weight for the loft.

This sounds strange to me, as none of the other houses in our area with simlilar conversions, seem to not have this magic pillar.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to