Loft conversion spec

Hi all. I've just had a loft conversion guy to look at my loft. I discussed it with him for and his plan is bolt 6" x 2" verticals from the purlins. A horizontal is fixed to the verticals and the flooring joists are hung from the verticals.

Does all this sound like a kosher spec?

They have a web site

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Sorry.

Should read, joists are hung from the horizontals...

Reply to
Arthur

We would need way more information to comment...

Layout of the loft, and spans? Length and dimensions of the purlins? How are the purlins supported? What else are the purlins currently supporting (roof obviously, but type and construction etc)

Its not a technique I have heard of before, but it may well be ok in certain circumstances.

2years"
Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm saying something like:

"We haven't changed our name in three."

Guarantee of excellence, not.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon