Loft conversion - ideas for under-eaves storage cupboards

I have a mid-terrace house with a loft conversion underway. Above the bay windows at the front of the house, there is a gable-like (ie triangular projection from the main roof, sorry dont know the proper term). This is now partioned off from the main loft space and I have been gifted a cupboard about 2.2 metres deep, 1200mm wide and 1200 high. The catch is that there is a 300mm drop over the threshold into the cupboard i.e. the new floor in the main area of the loft is raised above the original rafters which support the floor in this cupboard. We are also planning to situate our bed parallel to and about a metre from the cupboard doors so that's an extra design constraint. Apart from making it into a bijou studio flat for the lodger, I am at a loss on how to exploit this space. Ideas so far?

1) If it was cool I guess I could make it into a wine cave. 2) I quite fancied one of those automated clothes rails they have for retrieving your DJ/party frock from the dry cleaners but I think the cost would be prohibitive. 3) shelves down one side 4) sunken bath 5) just use it as a big rubbish bin for all the Feng Shui sessions I periodically initiate. 6) If the bed allows, build one huge compartmentalised drawer with castors on which can be put on rails on the same level as the main loft floor, thereby allowing it to be pulled out fully into the main area. 7) Make it into a gym - put my rusting rowing machine in there (so as not to clutter the loft) and promise my wife that I will now finally use it What do you think?

John K

Reply to
John Kane

Will your wife fit?

Reply to
SlicK

Ha Ha! She'll throw one when I show her this anyway!

Reply to
John Kane

raised

Sounds like a built in wardrobe to me, but your figures are anything but clear.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Gimp kennel