loft conversion

Any rough figures for the cost of a loft conversion, yeah I known how long is a piece of string! The loft isn't massive its a 2 bed semi mid 1800 house, the girlfriends ideas are to turn it into the master bedroom with on suite.
cheers
Kerry

May we surmise you have checked the records?

It is approximately the same price as a new car Somewhere between 6K and 250K should see it completed
> Any rough figures for the cost of a loft conversion, yeah I known how long > is a piece of string! The loft isn't massive its a 2 bed semi mid 1800 > house, the girlfriends ideas are to turn it into the master bedroom with on > suite. > > cheers > > Kerry

There was a makeover prog. on tele last week covering this very topic. Not sure of the precise details but seem to remember that the scheme came to about 15k.
Included in this was an ensuite including walk-in shower, fixed staircase, dormer window and bedroom utilising the remaining total loft space.
A main consideration (apart from the suitability strengthwise of the first floor cieling) is that the planning dept. will require the external appearance of the dormer window to be of a size and style to compliment properties nearby.
The skylight version would be an aternative and cheaper option but would reduce available space and is perhaps only suitable for an extra bedroom -not the master.
Pete Stockdale www.thecanalshop.com
Thanks for that I was thinking around the 15k mark, that'll put the other half off! Planning will be a problem down here as Polperro is a conservation area, I'm still waiting to hear whether I'm going get my plastic windows or not, trouble is I'm not in the masons!
Kerry

1800
with
first