Loctite 55 Pipe Seal Cord - recommended!

Have used this before on an immersion heater and got a perfect seal first time.

Just used it again to seal a quite damaged thread on a mains pressure shower valve - again first time success, despite it not sealing properly with ptfe tape.

Really recommend this stuff for difficult to seal threads.

dom

Seconded. It's phenomenal stuff.

Amazingly it's difficult stuff to find in most traditional plumbers merchants, or even the sheds.

Reply to
Vortex4

Its far too new to be adopted over ptfe tape. If they stopped selling PTFE tape, what would numpties use on the threads of compression fittings? It always raises a smile when I see a compression coupler or trv with 'socks' of ptfe tape sticking out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

>>> Seconded. It's phenomenal stuff.

Thanks chaps, I shall invest the required £3! Sounds good.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The PTFE reduces the friction coefficient at the threads. That gives you more pressure on the olive, for a given torque.

Reply to
newshound

also brilliant!

I'll definitely get some of that string.

Reply to
tom.harrigan

That may be so, but as an amateur, more pressure is the least of my concerns. I stopped having trouble with compression fittings when I stopped using ptfe and used less torque.

Reply to
tom.harrigan