Locksmith...

'Box Jumpers' if you want the technical term :-) Mostly ex dancers or gymnasts.

I don't really know many illusionists, although I've built props for one - his wife is called Tracey, not Sharon. Once built a prop for Joe Pasquale, but he works alone.

Would that be for Versal National?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is she fit ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Andy Hall writes

Well, not always

..especially for one type of stage show

>Far more popular are the Tracays answering corporate telephones.

Reply to
geoff

Hence the tutus.

There you go you see.

Typically it's organisations who haven't yet outsourced to Mumbai or who have and have brought it back having given up on the idea.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Fit for what?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Very - and she has a genuine nurses uniform..........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its a latch not a lock, mortices are somewhat harder , look and learn:

Adam Aglionby

Aye, and just think of some of the stuff that will have been splattered on that ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And not on the ward either...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh I say...

Reply to
Andy Hall

What have I started ?

... photo

Reply to
geoff

The Medway Handyman

Reply to
geoff

Andy Hall

You're not wrong there. I have a set of picks and a book, but have never managed to get even simple Yale style locks open.

Reply to
Huge

Easy way, assuming not a security door.

Hammer, piece of wood app 1 in dia. Wood on barrel. Hit wood, knock lock off back of door.

Does require a little making good afterwards though.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

A pal of mine who used to repair council-house doors once showed me. Get the claw of a claw-hammer under the edge of the cylinder (the softish escutcheon makes this easy really), then tear out the cylinder. The fixing screw heads will pull through the back-plate. Then you can insert a screwdriver into the slot in the lock and easily open the door. Does anybody still use Yale-type locks? Insurance companies don't recognise them as secure nowadays.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

They do if you use the BS approved ones. These have additional fixing points, are more solid, have anti-pick pins, and have an automatic deadlock system.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I was buying a lock today at my local 'proper lock place, where they know what they are on about, & charge less than B&Q'.

Asked the bloke how much they charge for picking a Yale type lock. £55 call out. No labour, too quick to measure apparently, matter of minutes. They have been around for 45 years + mind.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman