Location of RCDs

Hi all

I am getting caught up in the detail of the 17th Edition, trying to comply with cable protection requirements. Power circuit will be protected by RCD so that's OK. But I don't believe there is height in the CU for RCBOs on cooker and lighting. Some provision (plastered in plastic conduit) has already been laid on for lighting, so I don't really want to go down the route of hacking this out for steel conduit and it won't take SWA. So I thought about a local RCD. As the kithchen being rewired is single storey solid floor, cable will come down from the loft. Is it acceptable to put an RCD in the loft for the kitchen lighting and maybe one for the cooker too? I was thinking to mount these close to the access hatch to avoid a tortuous loft journey searching.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The 17th edition calls (513: Accessibility) for every item of equipment to "be arranged so as to facilitate its operation...". Your (and whoever's signing off the job's) call on whether your proposed location complies.

Reply to
YAPH