Locating boiler condensate discharge

I guess the OP also needs to think about the pressure relief piping route as well.

Reply to
John

Non combi boiler, open vented system, so no pressure relief pipe.

Reply to
DavidM

Just out of curiosity, why change to 32mm after the first bit rather than stick to 21.5/22 until just before it goes outside?

Reply to
DavidM

That's the default instructions. Some models (specifically the Vaillant Eco tec family at least) allow the use of the smaller over-flow type plastic pipes.

This is because the condensate trap is syphonic and lets out the condensate in batches.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

A soakaway is the absolute last resort, but an option nevertheless.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The 21.5 out of the boiler has to discharge go into something bigger (as though it were a washing machine outlet hose going into a standpipe), not coupled together.

Reply to
John Stumbles

That probably depends on the boiler. Certainly my Keston expects 21.5 coupled together thoughout (increasing to

32mm only if it goes outside as a added protection against freezing).

Mine couples to a 32mm basin waste. I did include a bottle trap with integral AAV on the basin to prevent it emptying the U-trap in the Keston when you pull the basin plug, but there was no such requirement in the boiler instructions. Don't know if it would have been a problem without this.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel