Loan scheme for home insulation (Scotland)

Homeowners in Scotland are to be offered loans for insulation and other energy efficiency measures. Green MSP Patrick Harvie said the scheme was a "pale imitation" of the one his party had proposed. He predicted the scheme would be funded to the tune of =A32m, which he claimed was inadequate. "To make it work, to make a real difference to those with hard-to-treat homes, we'd need to see a fund worth tens of millions," he said. "That would be enough to make a real start on those cold and draughty properties that can't take loft or cavity wall insulation."

Meanwhile, it emerged that only four out of nearly 140,000 homes assessed in Scotland since 1 December 2008 had been given an A-rating for energy efficiency. Figures obtained by the Liberal Democrats revealed that 11,578 properties were given an F rating and 3,888 fell into the bottom category.

've put my heating on today and the second duvet on the bed. Starting to get decidedly autumnal.

Owain

Reply to
Owain