Living flame final fix

About to do the final fix of my fireplace. Living flame fire with fibre hotbox back in a standard builders opening. I'm in two minds as to whether to put vermiculite concrete in as the infill or just loose vermiculite. How do I fix the back? I reckon if I use loose infill things are more easily changed at a later date (or sooner if I FU!) Then I can use a 7:1 weak mortar to bed the bottom to, and at the top, a dollop at the front on each side. This should stop the back moving back when the front goes on. And any how I'd like to locate it in some way like this if I were to use Vermiculte concrete as the infill.

I don't think I need to do any throat flaunching from the top of the fireback backwards with a gas fire. But I am putting a throat lintel in at the front, (going off nicely in its mould as I write).

Any advice / ideas?

Reply to
VisionSet