Live wire with 5v a.c. when off

Groan.

Reply to
stevelup

Here you go. I posted this from my Giganews account instead.

Does that make you feel better...

Reply to
Steve Lupton

of one in having trouble correctly quoting posts in thread?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Who's he? I replied to you!

Read the attributions, assuming you know how...

Reply to
:Jerry:

I'm losing the will to live.

For the love of god, *YOU* buggered up the quoting again, not me.

HERE:-

My comment at the top, yours on the bottom. Why the hell are you doing this?

AND AGAIN:-

My comment at the top, yours on the bottom. Are you deliberately doing this? Even Outlook Express doesn't make such an arse of quoting.

Reply to
stevelup

Every single post he has made has been misquoted. I cannot for love nor money work out why he is doing it. In the first post, he quoted using a block like you would use on a web forum. In all subsequent posts, his reply appears at the same quotation level as the message he is replying to.

I know he is using Outlook Express, but it does not behave like that. The worse crime OE does is encourage top posting, it certainly is capable of quoting correctly.

Reply to
stevelup

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:07:10 GMT, had this to say:

I spent nearly 20 years of my working life messing about with 50V dc (in (G)PO telephone exchanges) and can honestly say that I was unable to sense its presence 'by hand'.

The real 'shocker' is when it's superimposed with back emfs from relays etc, and ringing current of some 75V ac; as well as coming into occasional contact with +/- 80V dc (into inductive loads) on telex circuits!

As a voltage it's all pretty harmless really - however dropping a spanner across 10000A+ power busbars produces a somewhat different effect . Like molten spanners... :-)))

The backup batteries (*large* open-cell lead-acid jobbies) would barely flinch at such an overload.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Has anyone mentioned power over ethernet (POE) being at 48 V DC? If it were not relatively safe a lower voltage would likely have been specified.

Reply to
Rod