little plastic thingys for hanging a mirror frame

OK. In a gesture of yuletide generosity I offered to hang a mirror for my neighbour. Its from Habitat, and has holes about 8mm in diameter filled with brown ribbed plastic cylinders with a semi circle cut in the top which looks like you could hang it on hooks. But its a big heavy mirror and picture hooks wouldn't be up to it.
The usual fitting I've seen for this sort of thing is an inverted key hole shaped thingy which you push over a screw head and drop down so the slot holds tight around the head. These are something else entirely. Any ideas what to do with them?

If the mirror is already drilled and has anti-scratch grommets fitted, then all you need to do is drill, plug and screw it to the wall. This is best done with proper mirror screws that come with caps, or you can buy caps which let you screw through them and then close a cover over the top to hide the screw head.

I read the OM that the mirror was framed and it was the frame that was drilled but maybe you are correct ,that it is just a plain mirror and IT is drilled . Time for a deep breath before tightening the screws then :-) Stuart

drill,
head.
You could be right, now that I've read again. :-)) First time round, I read it that the mirror had plastic inserts in the drill holes to stop the screws damaging the actual fabric of the mirror.
The plastic things I'm thinking of leave a gap because they're actually squeezed together and popped through the hole, then they expand out to the shape of the hole.
Anyway.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com