Little old ladies....

Call from an elderly lady who has been a customer for years, broken shelf in her shed.

Called in on the way home, a few miles out of my way, half a dozen screws, sorted before I'd finished my cup of tea.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Just give me £10 for the petrol."

She wrote me a cheque :-)

Reply to
David Lang

David Lang scribbled

Now we all know you're a tax fiddler.

Reply to
Jonno

You should have asked her to do it on-line. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Like that 82-year old who sent a cheque for his £3 payment for joining and voting in the Labour Party Leadership Election, and had it returned, as the Party only takes money online, it has no facility to cash cheques?

Reply to
Davey

Why?

Because he has a diesel not a petrol van or that you do not believe he will declare the £10 cheque to HMRC:-)

Reply to
ARW