Lithofin stainstop - not where it's wanted

OK, I'm in the doghouse (again).

Put some Lithofin stainstop onto our fireplace (good) but a drip fell onto the fire surround (bad) and I didn't see it until today (very bad) worse still I didn't see it until it was pointed out by SWMBO who (to put it mildly) expressed dissapproval.

Any way to get it off (the fire surround is matt black painted steel)?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Paul

I dont know for certain as not used that specific product from Lithofin. Have found in the past that white spirits takes away the staining of some Lithofin products when too much is applied to an area. Try replicating the stain on something that doesnt matter and try some white spirits. Please post the reply to see if it works in this instance.

By the way, good choice in product manufacturer.

Calum Sabey (Newark Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

Id give the Lithofin a call on this one!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy