"Liquid Sander" for painting preparation

I have to paint our house this year - preferably inside as well as out. For no other reason than that I absolutely bloody hate painting, and I've put it off for too long now!

Has anyone ever used "Liquid Sander" that you can buy in the DIY shops (Or used to be able to buy it - haven't looked recently!).

I figured that it might be good enough to prepare all the inside gloss stuff, and the outside gloss stuff that hasn't actually cracked/peeled.

Any other tips on reducing the prolonged agony will be most gratefully received. (Mary: I look to you for advice on either (a) immersing myself in the Joy of Painting, or (b) relaxing and watching Mother Nature reclaim the wood which the builders borrowed from her.) ;-)

John

Reply to
John

Yes it was/is made by International Paints. Now called easy sand. Used to be in a blue can, but last time I got some was maroon, with corresponding price uplift! See

Gel

IIRC it deposits an abrasive film which gives you the illusion of a sanded surface but, because it doesn't adhere that well, it is just an illusion. I've never found a way of rubbing down without elbow grease. Sugar soap is as good as anything if you just want a keyed surface.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

if you want to minimise repainting, go for linseed oil paint. Its expensive and take 3-4 coats, but then lasts 5x as long as alkyd.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

AKA sanding sealer:

Not sure if it's OK for outside.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Different thing entirely. Sanding sealer is usually shellac based, rather like French polish with a built in abrasive. Used to seal new wood before a wax finish.

Reply to
Stuart Noble