Lining paper drying time

Hi All Just hung some 1200 grade lining paper as a base for emulsion. How long does the paper take to dry before painting? Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

It depends on how wet the paper is, how warm and well ventilated the room is. But a rule of thumb is 24 hours in a warm well ventilated room, before painting. Wet paint has a tendency to peel the paper off again if started to quickly.

Reply to
BigWallop

Room's not too warm as the rad's off. Paper wasn't too wet either. But is sounds like a job for next w/e. Thanks ;-)

Reply to
Grumps

In article , Grumps writes

I think that is the safe option, I'd have given it 2-3 days myself.

Be aware that it may still slacken on applying your emulsion (and may look truly appalling) but it should tighten in again as the paint dries.

Reply to
fred