Lining paper......

Put some on today - i only put on one sheet as i cant put on paper for shit, let me mum do it tomorrow!

How long before it goes rock solid (hopefully) and i can paint onto it? ideally wanna do it on the same day so i am hoping for a figure in hours! (around 10??_)

also am i right in thinking i should put the glue stuff onto the back of it and leave it for about 5 minutes and then put it onto the wall?

Reply to
mo

Cut all the lengths you want to use -as there will be no problem matching patterns this is straightforward.

Add a little paint to the paste. (I am assuming it will be water based and you have the sense to use the paint you're going to be applying later.)

Lay the first one on the pasting table and coat generously. You will now realise why a little paint in the mix is an asset. Paste them one atop the other and have a cup of tea. Lift one end of the top one and fold it over itself without creasing it and lay it aside. Ditto the next until you get to the last. Do the same with that but take it to the centre line that you drew plumb down the middle of the wall and fit the edge to the top of said wall.

Drop the paper and follow it down with a smoothing edge tool. That will remove excess paste. Slide it tight to the line and get the next sheet.

Have another go tomorrow and suprise your mammy. It is cheap enough to splash out on if you four cups of tea later, decide not to continue.

It will be ready to paint when it is dry.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

some of them have a can about this thick in between them tho > < - will show up major on painting upon? i have some of the polyfilly stuff used for filling holes or plaster repair stuff as well - shall i stick some of that in there? or would it just be easier sanding the edges of the paper down and hop no one notices much?? the paint we are using is a light purple type colour..

thanks

Reply to
mo

You've lost me... I've been papering for years, but have never heard of adding paint - what's it for; am I missing somthing?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

I assumed it was to make the paste visible, so you can see where its missing. Trouble is paste gets on things, and with paint in it will leave long lasting marks behind. I dont like papering but when I did I could see what bits were done by catching the light on it. Wet is glossy, dry is matt. A few drops of kids washoffable paint would be better.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton