Linda Barker on Working Lunch

And what's that thing between the boiler and the radiator on the right? Can you see ? The circle thingy with the little triangle inside of it ? One word four letters. Anyway, here's a clue

The gravity fed hot water system is on the left and the central heating system - with the pump - is on the right.

HTH

Anyway, thank you for posting.

michael adams

michael adams

ARWadsworth wibbled on Friday 25 September 2009 20:52

8-:
Reply to
Tim W

They did one this one.

min 45 seconds from the start for the justice.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Everything here still is of the header tanks (plural, 3 x 50 gallon main ones plus another 50 gallon and a 30 gallon). Mains water is a fairly recent addition to the property.

No ill effects here, even before I cleaned the main tanks of the detritus and dead animals.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So could mains water in an emergency. So boil it first.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Carry on like this and you'll be a rival to Bill Wright...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can't have a blood cholesterol level - no such thing, cholesterol isn't water soluable. More bollox.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

By that argument you can't have a measurement of red blood cells in blood, coz they're definitely not water soluble.

When I look at black pudding, I can definitely see bits which aren't water soluble. You know they say blood is thicker than water? Maybe it's also a little more complex than it too...

Reply to
Clive George

There is probably a good book to be had out of some of your exploits!

Reply to
John Rumm

Now focus your attention on the unpumped side... ok, good. There we go, quite a common setup.

Indeed - 10/10 for observation.

The gravity circulated part of the system works without the need of the pump.

Note many real world systems will also typically have some extra heating load on the gravity side - a bathroom rad being quite common. The two port valve is not found on all systems, and is not desirable on solid fuel boilers.

My pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.

Reply to
John Rumm

In fact, you need to remove said instructions to get to the screws in many cases!

(still I guess there are folks out there who could not pour the proverbial out of a boot with instructions written on the sole)

Reply to
John Rumm

I wonder why that does not apply to 110V tools? I don't recall ever seeing on fitted with anything outer than a "normal" yellow 110V plug, and yet many seem to come without.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's childishly simplistic to think that parliamentary democracy exactly like ours is the *only* possible fair or effective way to run a country. Even if it works, if you have agovernment made up of inveterate liars what chance is there?

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

What is that please (P.I.) I have to admit I've never heard of it.

Just something else no doubt that makes the life of an old man of advancing years miserable.

So I might have it to look forward to. :-((

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Presumably because 119v tool is not a "consumer" purchase, at least in this country where the mains supply is 230v.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You DIY-ers are really charming guys, and *so* well-informed. Is it any wonder I tend to get-a-little-man-in?

Ian

Reply to
Ian F.

If they can save a few shillings they will.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ARWadsworth wibbled on Friday 25 September 2009 22:38

Classic!

Reply to
Tim W

She probably enjoyed that!

Reply to
PeterC

I hope he got done for using the car in that state :->

Reply to
PeterC