Limestone hearth - Part 2

Okay, so no one knew about limestone hearths...

Turns out that the hearth being supplied in 3 slabs is normal for materials like granite and marble. I've been able to check with the manufacturer who assures me that because the hearth is a 2" and solid, and limestone is a soft, using a solid hearth for wood/coal burning fires is acceptable. If nothing else I have it in writing from them, so if it does crack, I can go and make loud noises at them....

Reply to
Chris Styles

Oi! I replied!!! I suppose you couldn't see the message, oh well..... My hearth is limestone too, and it IS slabbed and jointed. Guess you'll have to see how it goes.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Sorry 'bout that... still cant see your original reply though...

Yeah, will see how it goes. At least I now have an email from the supplier saying it definitely is okay for solid fuel fires. If it cracks, i'll be sending him 300kg of limestone rubble and a bill :-)

Reply to
Chris Styles