LightwaveRF Magnetic Switch - Outdoors?

It might not switch your magnetic switch but it could be used to switch a different switch that is enclosed in a waterproof box from the same range as the magnetic switch if other suggestions fail.

Reply to
ARW

What's a "standard PIR switched light"? Can I use one to switch the drive lights on/off from inside my car ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I decided against getting bogged down in arguing with harryagain about the extra facilities I am hoping to get - eventually. I am dipping my toe in the ready-made components of remote control. LighwaveRF seems to have quite a lot of potential. Yes - flicking lights on from my car, or anywhere else on the planet I am likely to be, is appealing. The outdoor lights alone do not justify the cost but sometimes you have to start with something small and not so very important.

Reply to
polygonum

It's a standard (in the sense that the sheds are full of them) outside light with a PIR sensor built-in to it. These are the way that people's outside lighst (often floodlights) come on when a burglar (rarely) or cat (far too often) wanders too close to them.

You could point the PIR sensor at a place where your nice warm car will suddenly arrive; the PIR sensor will detect the sudden arrival of warmth and turn on the light.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts