lighting fixture

Hi fellow D-I-Y-ers

Quick question am about to put up a spot light no problem with the wiring pretty simple in theory *famous last words* just a questions about the spot light it has a fixture that attaches to the ceiling before you screw the actual spotlight to it.

My query is how to I fix this to the ceiling do I drill the ceiling put a few raw plugs in and then the screws or should I be doing it another way. Reason I ask is the ceiling is not solid concrete not quite sure what it is my diy knowledge is limited its maybe plasterboard I think just wondering what the procedure is to putting screws in it properly is. Don't fancy the lighting falling down on me head.

Ta for any help

Reply to
souls