Lighting

All, I would like to connect several of the lights in the URL into the main lighting circuit so that they are operated by the switch-on-the-wall - there are currently 3 'standard' lighting roses and associated bare bulbs hanging off the ceiling. If I chop off the plug from the transformer, can I then just connect into the main lighting ring ?? Chances are I wont do the job myself - instead I will get a friendly sparky in to do it - just dont want to make an arse of myself for asking him if its a silly question !

Neil Catley

Yes. It would be better if there was a version without the integral switch, though. Alternatively, you could put it onto the fixed circuit not via a wall switch and use the onboard toggle.

It is possible that it might need to be installed via a fused connection unit. This is especially the case if the instructions require a 3A fuse. Fixed lighting circuits are normally 5A, 6A or 10A. You'd need to think where it could go, unobtrusively.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle