Light switches onto conduit box

Does anyone know a source for domestic flush light switches which will install into the very old 2-inch steel conduit boxes?
TIA.
--
Chao Fang.

The only thing you can do is to put a surface box on the conduit box. The fixing holes in a surface box are set in position that actually fit into conduit fittings such as these. If you look inside a back box, you should see the fixing holes can be knocked out in diagonal configurations to make contact with the diagonal fixing points on the conduit boxes.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 19:51:32 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

Yes, I have surface-mounted boxes currently but have become fed up with the unsightliness of these and was hoping that someone manufactured a flush switch to fit the conduit box.
I recall seeing in Woolworths several years ago a flush switch which had a kind of gripper on each side which fitted into the box and tightening the mounting screws expanded the gripper on each side to press against the sides of the conduit box.
I suspect such a fitting would be illegal nowadays. Ah well, I suppose it's a matter of waiting till the next redecoration and cutting off the conduit boxes to fit flush switches.
--
Chao Fang.