Light switch type in workshop entrance?

Hi friends,

Dad has just rang mentioning that the light switch in the entrance door to the garage at the bottom of the garden has started making a fizzing noise (nice)!

From memory it is probably one of those roundish brown bakalite (sp?) looking things and long due for replacement!

Anyway, I just wondered if there was a specific requirement for the switch? Should I fit a std plastic or metal clad one?

A pull cord switch maybe?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

If it is well weatherproofed, use any switch that takes your fancy.

Metalclad is practical and looks good in a shed. However, ensure that the wiring has an effective earth before choosing anything non-plastic.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

[T] Ok, cheers ... ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Try the MK master seal range, they will look the part and also can have an indicator neon part 56400GRY. If the switch is old, what state is the rest of the wiring.

Reply to
James Salisbury

[T] Hi James,

As you say, nice looking switch, if not a touch pricey. I'd have to get the two way as I believe there is a pull switch at the other end of the garage.

I think a new armoured feed was run in a few years ago and possibly a new CU in the garage. From memory (not lived there for a few years now) all the cable is at least PVC but just clipped to the rafters etc. It wouldn't take much to re wire the place and in some small trunking to be on the safe side?

All the best

T i m

Reply to
T i m