Light colored fence preservative on top of dark?

I renectly replaced a couple of fence panels and they are a light brown color and I would like the rest of the fence panels to be a lighter color but they are a dark brown color now.

If I spray light colored fence preservative on top will this work?

Hopefully I can get the spray gun working so a couple of coats should not be a problem.

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Probably not - but the soil of the flower beds will almost certainly change colour unless you mask up somehow.

Reply to
1501