Light bulb holders

I'm looking a buying a clip on light bulb holder, and see the description as :

B22 bayonet switched socket

800mm connecting lead

T1, 60W Conforms to BS EN61184

B22 seems to mean a standard, everyday bulb, but what does T1 mean?

Thanks!

Reply to
Graeme

Temperature rating 450 deg C.

Owain

Reply to
Graeme

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Graeme saying something like:

Don't bother buying the cheapy ones as they fall apart after a bit of use.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Hmmm, never looked at that before - those are the same classifications as for Hazardous Area (explosive atmosphere) equipment temperature ratings. Obvious really with hindsight, but it never struck me that they were used for domestic type equipment too.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker