Lifting white goods (washing machine) under kitchen work surface

In the past I have used a sack truck, or just opened w/m door and hauled it out from under a kitchen work-surface as best I can.

The only snag, is that lino, or kitchen covering is sometimes caught, causing a tear and making the w/m even more difficult to extract.

Is there a better way?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Fredxxx wrote in news:mrd48f$nq5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I have a couple of strips of hardboard that I use as skids.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Sliderz.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Raise the front and slide a couple of small planks of wood underneath.

Then slide the appliance on the planks of wood

Reply to
alan_m

I keep a stock of slats taken from "cut-down" wooden venetian blinds for this. Also useful for other spacing jobs.

Reply to
newshound

I keep a double bend sign for this job.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

washing machine pull-out wheels

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You'll let down my mental image of a hoarding Yorkshireman if it isn't like this.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Off cut of carpet with a decent pile, 550 ish wide and 1500 to 2000 mm long. With pile side down, shove as much under the raised machine as possible, then pull the carpet, pile slides on the lino or WHY and the machine comes along for the ride on the rough backing of the carpet.

Or Lidaldi some times have a lever with wheels and little trucks set you can shove under. Work well on hard surfaces but the point loading is to high for soft ones.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks guys for the variety of ideas.

Reply to
Fredxxx

No don't be daft, it's one of those big ones. You know, when they were aluminium and worth pinching. They're steel now. Actually that particular one also made a sledge for the kids.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes.

I keep 3 bits of hardboard:

One 60x60cm, the other 2 are 60x20cm

Rock the machine and slide the 60x20cm down the left side under both feet.

Do the same the right side.

All shiny side up.

Put the 60x60 in front. Slide machine out. Once rocked on, it's fairly easy to slide over hardboard and the height gain in only about 5mm.

You could do any variation on this - I just happened to use the sizes I had...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I find they come out quite easily. (you're pulling upwards) A little washing up liquid as a lubricant gets them in, sometimes I sit on the floor and push with my feet.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Vir Campestris wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Washing up liguid!! Then the machine slides around on its spin cycle. I believe the feet are deliberately a tacky grade of rubber to prevent them moving.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Never had a problem. I assume it dries in a day or two.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris