Life is sweet :-)

Been ripping out an old bathroom & fitting a new one this week, including tiling.

Jobs been a bugger from day one, problem after problem, most of which could not have been anticipated, some of which were caused by owner & tenants. Over run from 3 ish days to 5 ish days. Rented property, owner has been fine, tenants wife has been fine, very understanding of the problems & what I've done to overcome them.

The bloke has been a right PITA. Constantly ringing the owner complaining that the job hasn't been finished, it was supposed to be done in 3 days, why is my bathroom still a mess, when is it going to be done.

I've explained to the owner that the numerous problems have delayed the job, that you never know what snags might happen until you actually start a job, unforeseen circumstances cause delays & increases in cost. The owner is fine with that.

The tenant is not having any of it, still whinging, not accepting any 'excuses'.

Arrived this morning to finish the job to find happy Harry tenant servicing his V reg Fiesta, About an hour later I popped out to get something from the van to find happy Harry in a right state.

First spark plug he had tried to remove had sheared off flush with the head & wouldn't budge!

I smiled sweetly & remarked that things didn't always go according to plan, he couldn't have foreseen that happening, and the job was now going to take a lot longer than he thought :-)

I didn't actually laugh until my head was inside the van :-)

He called the AA who towed it to a local garage, who want £300 to remove the head & sort it!

There is a God!

Shardenfroider I think they call it!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Schadenfreude. Actually if there is a god's son, he advised against it. (Actually, actually; I think it might have been god his self urging such caution, through an earlier minister. I'm not sure.)

I used to think the caution "to answer a fool according to his foolishness" but rather to "answer a fool according to his foolishness" was to treat a fool in exactly the wrong way the sage was really advising.

However that is getting into deep poetry.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I foresee a BAD Sunday morning hangover ;-) Still, I'm a sad bugger who stayed in on Saturday night to watch his boiler's ignition cycle.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Not in any way a criticism, because I'm a big fan of it, too, but it's "schadenfreude".

Huge

I wish I'd thought of that. The telly was crap.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If you can always follow that advice you will truley be King of kings or one of many.

Reply to
FKruger

They're renown for it. Something to do with long life small plugs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

possibly aided by turning it the wrong way? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

He could have forseen it.

thread plugs liable to corrode into place in a crappy push-rod engine. If he'd forseen that he wouldn't have bought a Fiesta. He's still got another 3 to get out yet.

Reply to
Onetap

Very bad site - full of bad news - don't look - it will upset ye.

*everything* mentioned on that website unfortunately came true on my Renault Laguna.

:((

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 20:40:06 +0100, Adrian C mused:

Yep, mine too, although I did give it some stick but still. My mate has a Laguna too, and his is showing some similar faults to mine as well.

Reply to
Lurch