LIDL Tronic low-self-discharge type batteries.

Are they any good?

Selling for a couple of quid per pack, before I splash out and replace all my 'normal' NiMH lose-your-charge-in-minutes type rechargeables, I'd like to know if there's anything majorly wrong with them.

Thanks in advance,

David Paste.

Reply to
pastedavid

l my 'normal' NiMH lose-your-charge-in-minutes type rechargeables, I'd like= to know if there's anything majorly wrong with them.

good value IMHO over years

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

The seem very good to me, I have some of the black batch, and ome of the red batch, none have had to be retired yet, all my non-LSD ones have been.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I had some triple As from cpc and quite frankly they were rubbish, ie dischard themselves. However some from Maplins and Curries seem to be very good. Maybe they have just got the build right now.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

l my 'normal' NiMH lose-your-charge-in-minutes type rechargeables, I'd like= to know if there's anything majorly wrong with them.

For less demanding applications I've found poundland NiMH are ok, once the = odd dud is screened out. 50p each. They don't seem to mind fast charges of = under an hour, and are lasting fine. The downsides are the capacity, 0.8Ah = for AA and 0.35Ah for AAA, and the self discharge. Fine for apps where they= 're connected to the charger when not being used, like cordless phones, som= e torches and other float charged appliances.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Does the colour of the batch represent anything in particular?

Reply to
pastedavid

Not really, might give a clue as to their age, the first LSD ones I bought were the Sony and they're still going strong.

I bought a few Maplin ones and initially my camera shut-off prematurely with them, I think they came good after a few charge cycles, but I'm still wary of using those in cameras/torches where they might be used after sitting idle after a long period.

Reply to
Andy Burns