Lidl track saw

Hi all,

I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before and wa s wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

Wow, recommended for plasterboard, I wonder if it can handle corrugated cardboard?

Reply to
Andy Burns

:) Yeah... that was one of the reasons for my question. Also, not sure I w ould use one for plasterboard anyway. The plaster dust would go everywhere - Stanley knife is much quicker and easier.

Reply to
leenowell

GB

You could almost make a sawboard in the time it takes to watch that video.

Reply to
newshound

One neat point in that video is that he trues up the piece of timber as he screws it together.

Reply to
GB

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where the guy is attempting to cut a board.

Mike Clarke

Didn't bother to watch it. I always make sawboards out of new sheets of ply, using an edge as the main guide. Then you only need the one (final) cut to get the finishing edge, after it is all assembled.

Reply to
newshound

+1!
Reply to
newshound

Looks like a saw board to me.

Reply to
dennis

Maybe he is just cutting a hole?

Reply to
dennis

Is this before or after she wiped her paintbrush on his shirt ?

michael adams

michael adams

Well, that G-Clamp is gonna be sliced.

Where the cut bits of board will fall after he has chopped through will depend on if he has two more than the average number of hands.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You mean where he runs into his clamp and then cuts off the bit holding the whole thing on his saw horses?

Reply to
John Rumm

Unlikely. The saw frame will stop at the clamp and so unless he places undue pressure on it, the uncut section of the board is unikely to snap. As shown its more likely the whole setup will skew, the reason for always using two clamps, and either the blade will stall or the saw it will jump back our of the cut. Knocking matey backwards against the wall, knocking him out, at which point he gets the kiss of life from the other half.

michael adams

michael adams

That's what I figured!

Reply to
newshound

Thgere is at least a third mistake. Who on earth uses a circular saw in a room where someone is painting?

Reply to
Steve Walker