Lidl tools

I thought Lidl sold German stuff. Since when did pancakes form the National diet, dispacing Saurkraut and Schwarzwalder Schinken or even Schinkenraeucherei Braasch.

john2

Reply to
john2

The drill looks like a percussion, but the description is of a an SDS.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Laminated woodwork could be veneer on the outside of a box or it could be gluing a few laminations together whilst bent, so that they stay that shape once dried.

You can clamp up with clamps, but that's hard work. You also want to have a continuous even pressure, not a few point clamping forces - so you can use a "caul", a flexible sheet pulled tight over the job.

If you use a plastic bag as the caul, and you suck the air out of the inside, then you can have a few psi clamping force over the whole thing, practically for free.

It's also easier to make jigs that resitst being crushed, rather than ones that can hold a pressure bag expanding inside them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

And you get enough vacuum from a domestic vacuum cleaner for that? How long does it last - doesn't air leak in?

I don't understand that either :-(

But I'm looking at the vacuum bags, if they're as good as you suggest they'll have some uses. Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's shallow with gently sloping sides.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You think they sit on stock for more than a few weeks?

Reply to
Rob Morley

That took years of tireless working to develop when it's been there since at least the C15th?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Did you notice the source?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Stuff that does not sell well goes back into storage and then comes back out in the place 12 months after, at a reduced price as I stated. The grinder must have sold well because it's back on sale from last year.

Take a look at... "Infrared Forehead Thermometer" notice its £3 cheaper than last year.

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In Aldi they say on the shelves until they are all sold, and that can be for weeks. Currently Aldi have a palm sized Lith Ion screwdriver for £18 (£15 on thurs). Has anyone used one? They look very handy. I know a service engineer who has the Bosch equivalent for screwing off and on machine screws which can turn for ever by hand. He says it is invaluable.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've never tried with a vacuum cleaner. It might well work - you only need the crudest of vacuums. You seal it afterwards by either leaving the pump running, or by taping over / gluegunning the hose connection. Most pumps need some cooling air though, so the leave it running approach only works for lab vacuum pumps. Old fridge compressors and vacuum cleaners are known to overheat when run like this.

For degassing resin mixe I use a Vac-u-vin coffee jar with one of their valved rubber stoppers and a hand plunger pump. You can also buy a woodworking bagging kit made with the same pump parts.

For bigger bags I use either a hand-cranked lab vacuum pump (Griffin and George's finest) or else a real lab vaccum pump.

You need to squash part A against part B, whilst holding part B in a funny shaped curve. Putting a balllon against A would work, if you wrapped the whole lot up inside a rigid frame. It's easier though to put the bag around the outsides of A, B and jig, then pump the whole lot down and squash it inwards. Compression is easier to resist than tension.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes. Stuff returns in smaller and smaller quantities at repeated intervals. I wonder if they circulate it between stores.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

They're having a clearout next week, or so I've been told? Don't know whats on offer though?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Aldi or Lidl?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah! Right - thanks. It's beginning to make sense now.

Right. I'll either remember that when I want to do it (unlikely!) or ask you again :-)

Thanks again.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Aldi

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

the last clearout sale I saw at Lidl you paid £10 for a shopping trolley and could fill it to the brim. It reminded me of the church hall jumble sales in Ireland as a youth Pikies on heat.

-
Reply to
Mark

Oxfam