Lidl Taps etc

I bought several sets of monobloc taps from Lidl in the past. They are identical to the units sold by screwfix for kitchen sinks and hand basins at a fraction of the cost and they work fine on a low pressure system.

They also came with a decent fitting kit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I was near Lidl on Monday morning and went in to have a look. The taps are good quality, smart, made in Italy and with a 5 year guarantee. They are not the same as Screwfix. They sold them for buttons. A young nephew of mine is to redo his new old house soon so I bought a bunch of the stuff: 3 basin mixers, bath mixer and two thermostatic shower mixers and hoses etc, I paid about £75. Normally that could not get you two of the basin mixers. I figured it was about 1/4 of the price you would normally pay. The shower mixers were good quality and only £15. A similar sort in Screwfix, which I'm sure would be of less quality, would be £60. There is a service number on the info leaflet, so no throw away items. Mixers come with ceramic discs.

All were high pressure, with some requiring a minimum of 0.5 bar. I spoke to a few people about to buy them when I pointed out to them they are high pressure only and only a dribble will come out if used on their tanks. I'm sure many will be returned when they all find out. Most of the stock was sold win the first 2 hours.

The nephew is doing his bathroom up in about a year. His old basins have two taps. I suggested that the basin monobloc tap be fitted to one ot the taps holes and a blanking plate fitted in the other. The pop up waste can still be used as the rods stretch enough, and it can be used with the one hole basin in the future. I will be fitting his new taps at the weekend.

So, thanks for the Lidl tip.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

More work for relatives. Are they the only ones who will employ you these days?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote much madness in message news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

Total madness

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I agree. You'd have thought even they'd have got fed up with your inconsistencies - recommending the most expensive approach to near anything on here, but buying cheap junk for them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" stupidly wrote in mesage news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

message

Then aren't you going back to the clinic then?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The taps were in Lidl in NI about two months ago. In a week's time they will have shower heads, rails etc here. Dunno if that means the rest of you will be seeing these in the future.. For you perusal:

Suz

Al the shower heads.etc, are on sale right now at Lidl. The quality is plastic and not that hot. I suggest a decent quality mixer and a very good quality shower set. A nice feel to the head and rail, etc, is nice.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Looked good quality at amazingly cheap prices, four quid for a shower or something like that.

Next week is DIY and Babyfood week at Lidl apparently.

Owain

Reply to
Owain