Lidl Specials from 29th June

Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

Stuart

Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Pliers set are ok.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yup, v good

but holder doesn't keep them in

tried these? Any good?

Reply to
John Stumbles

The message from John Stumbles contains these words:

anyone tried these? Any good?

Gave my son on for Christmas a couple of years ago. It goes camping with us and is very reliable. Ideal for kids as they can run it flat without it mattering.

Reply to
Guy King

anyone tried these? Any good?

If it's a wind-up, why the battery?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

So you don't have to wind it continually. A minutes winding lasts for ages.

Reply to
Guy King

> anyone tried these? Any good?

I have a visually identical one bought in a Morrisons garage. Absolutely excellent bit of kit, not the brightest torch but perfectly adequate for most tasks and it always works. I may get another couple.

You charge the battery as you wind.

HLAH

> anyone tried these? Any good?

Probably takes over when the wind up genny is near its ending sequence, so that you don't have to shuffle about looking for it in the dark. lol

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:37:41 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote (in article ):

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi two weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same pliers set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:50:14 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote (in article ):

You must be easily pleased :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Lidl at one time had hand tools: pliers, long nosed, etc for 99p each. They were the equivalent quality as Stanley which are about £9 a go. I went wild and bought 5 of them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote

and you're just a prat.

HLAH

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

Let's face it you're not much better.

HLAH

Beter than what?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I would have loved to be in the store when you took it back to Lidl if it hadn't been a "good bargain". Are you dylsexick? Or were you using the drill to improve the holes in your head?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You'd have had a wasted journey then,as I would have been at Aldi.

Pompous pratt.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No to be honest you are just as big a prat as him.

HLAH

It's a long long time since the Stanley name was any guide to quality.

That would be one pair for each hand, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)