Lidl Specials

When the time comes I'll put a spotweld or two on it.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I bought a load of them - they are 3.99 euro over here, which is still less than half the price at Maplin.

I did wonder if they are normal rechargeable batteries?

Also Lidl had an enormous number of them - they seem quite bad at judging how many of a given object they will sell, eg their expensive electronic items either go in 10 minutes, or not at all.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

The message from Timothy Murphy contains these words:

Well, they're NiMhs, which have been around sof some years now. If you try charging them with a NiCd charger they probably won't like it.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Different terminal (fully charged) voltage, different charge/voltage characteristics, different leakage (trickle) currents under charge

An useful reference:

H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

Reply to
Dave H.

Are they really AAA rechargables? The highest AAAs I've seen are 900 maH. It's not long since AAs passed 2000

Reply to
Bob Martin

No, they were AAs. (They did have AAAs, but not that capacity.)

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

does anyone know if microprocessor-controlled chargers are available here (in the UK/EU)?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Try ebay,I was looking at one only last night at 14GBP new ie buy it now.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

RS sell the Mascot range which is very good. Pricey, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try

Mark