Lidl silvercrest dehumidifier

This was on sale recently in lidl - think it was last week. I wish I had se en it before getting the ebac. It looks pretty good, and has everything the ebac one does not. A larger water tank, a float switch that probably works , a digital humidity readout of target humidity and current humidity, a fla p to direct the output air back at the washing, and a simple timer. And much cheaper. OK, it does not look as nice. Lidl one says up to 20L/day, ebac spec is up to 18L/day. Anyone got one ? Is it any good ?

As for the ebac with the unreliable float switch, I have put it on a plugin countdown timer to switch off after 12 hours, in which time the tank shoul d never be full. When I empty the tank I will reset the timer ...

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

We've had one in the basement at work for about a year, it seems a bit keen to run on full tilt when set to auto (despite a separate humidimeter suggesting things are about right) but fair play it pulls plenty of water out of the air.

Reply to
R D S

It only seems to be available from lidl when on sale, but pops up every year. Where does the unit come from ? Is it something rebadged - say some german make ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

ear. Where does the unit come from ? Is it something rebadged - say some ge rman make ?

Looks like it could be the old version of this on lidl's german site:

Not many reviews - two 4 stars reviews not saying much, a 1 star translated by google said: The quality was not good. The priming wobbled back and forth. The automatic did not work. It was displayed a low humidity, whether the well-establishe d hygrometer indicated a moisture content of 88% in the basement. Unit was sent back.

If anyone speaks german I'm sure a better translation is possible: Die Qualität war nicht gut. Das Ansauggitter wackelte hin und her. Die Au tomatik funktionierte nicht. Es wurde eine geringe Feuchte angezeigt, ob wo hl das aufgestellte Hygrometer eine Feuchte von 88% im Keller anzeigte. Ger ät wurde zurück geschickt

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

So put one in the freezer to stop ever having to defrost?? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to sm_jamieson, Mitchp wrote: Hi i got one yesgerday it works like a dream. We had a water leake so my walls were soaked. This machine is taking up all tbe water.

Reply to
Mitchp

So we go around and see little wizened dehydrated corpses in about half an hour then? grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Was that yesterday 3 years ago?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I know hence my comment of mummified bodies. I guess this flew right over the heads of others though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to Brian Gaff, Nihit wrote: Hi friends Is anybody plz tell me where can I buy LiDl humidifier asap. I am in London

Reply to
Nihit

replying to Brian Gaff, Nihit wrote: Hi friends Is anybody plz tell me where can I buy LiDl humidifier asap. I am in London

Reply to
Nihit

Nihit grunted in news:TEvqC.887$ snipped-for-privacy@fx12.am:

Hpe this hlps.

Reply to
Lobster

Me what did I have to do with it? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Don't you remember back to November 13, 2014, 9:10 am

"So put one in the freezer to stop ever having to defrost?? Brian "

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

They're replying to your post of August 21, 2017, 8:02 am, or more accurately tagging a new query on the end of it. H-O-H of course.

Reply to
The Other John

Bought one about a year ago and it damaged the top of my Samsung R3 speaker and table. The company that make them claim that it is safe to use but after seeing damage it can do to plastic and wood, Imagine what it can do to your lungs an respitory system. Dont buy lethal product and Company response is keep it away from all surfaces at least a metre away in all directions. DONT BUY!!!!!.

Reply to
Smiler

Not caring how old this post was, I dofind it rather unlikely that a properly operating de humidifier could damage anything as it would have been unable to pass safety requirements at the design stage. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Unclear what the damage would be. Scratchy feet?

"Imagine what it can do to your lungs an respiratory system."

Perhaps it takes too much moisture out of the air, which also causes the wood of the speaker and table to dry out and warp.

How do people/tables manage in Dubai?

Reply to
Max Demian

Exact opposite; My mother had a piano made especially for use in India; it didn't like Edinburgh weather.

Reply to
charles

On 04 Oct 2021, charles wrote

When I bought a new piano in the late 1970s, one of the selling points for Yahama was that the pianos were apparently built in climate-controlled factories to produce different instruments for dry and wet climates. (Or so they claimed, anyway...)

I was living at the time in Edmonton, Alberta, where I was getting indoor winter RH readings (when the heating was on all day) of around

20%.
Reply to
HVS