Lidl Plunge saw + other DIY stuff

Looks interesting, I could find a lot of uses for one.

Ideal for wood, plastic, ceramics or plasterboard

450 watt Pendular protection hood with releasable plunge lock for extra safety Includes multi-purpose saw blade, diamond cutting disc, saw blade with carbide teeth, parallel stop, spanner for assembling and instructions Can be connected to an external dust extractor via 2m hose with adaptor With durable aluminium head and rubberised grip zone Supplied in practical carry case No load speed (rpm): 4500 Variable cutting depth (mm): 0 - 25

of other DIY stuff as well. The Hex Key set is excellent, bought one a while ago.

From Monday 9th.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Some discussion of that already here:

mike

PLASTERBOARD?????

Reply to
Newshound

why not?? cut a socket or light switch opening with it,

i got a rotozip many years ago for xmas, advertised as a great way to cut (wobbly) holes in plasterboard,

to be honest i just use a stanley knife and a metal ruler to cut socket holes in plasterboard, but some people like to use a power tool for absolutely everything as it gives them something to blame when they c*ck the job up :)

Reply to
Gazz

I did until I attempted to amputate the tops of two fingers...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

hell I had a rotozip years ago - brings back some memories lol

Reply to
Ghostrecon

The 1400 household items drawer thing has done wonderful service here for years. It is always going in and out of my door clutched by a happy neighbour, in search of a hook, clip, washer etc.

Reply to
Ericp

I use my jigsaw with cut down blade - same as I use for floorboards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Plasterdust is nasty stuff, very abrasive. After the stanley knife incident I now use a stanley saw blade rather than a cutting blade.

safer.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have one of those, but a knife body isn't ideal as a saw handle. I found a short padsaw in one of the sheds which is better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The bastards stole my idea - "DrawerFullaCrap", designed for all first-time buyers. I see they've missed the essentials though - no half-used ball of string or mysterious button badges, unused condoms, cue chalk, or old tap washers, to name but a few.

Reply to
grimly4

Has anyone bought one?

Reply to