lidl pir light

hi please can anyone help, I've bought a lidl pir light it has three wires brown (live) blue ( neutral) and red ( which states letter A), coming from my house from my old pir light there are the regular brown (live) blue (neutral) and yellow/green (earth). I am obviously thinking brown to brown , blue to blue but don't understand the red wire labelled A can anyone help

Reply to
spamjan

Probebly switched live, so that the light can be switched on all the time instead of only when the PIR senses movement.

If you don't need this feature just insulate and don't use the wire.

Reply to
Graham.

+1
Reply to
Roger Mills

See this diagram

Your old light will be internally connected to the equivalent of the red A lead, with no external connection. Your new Lidl light has the additional facility of allowing it to control a second external light, connected to the red A terminal. If you don't want to connect an extra light, just ignore it. If it's a bare wire, wrap it in insulating tape.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Thanks Chris so just to confirm I just connect the brown to brown blue to blue leave the red wire alone (its in a connection box) where will the earth wire go theres no place for it in the new pir thanks tracy

Reply to
spamjan

Yup. If there's no terminal for the earth (y/g) wire, just tape over the end and make sure it can't touch either the brown or blue connections. I assume the new PIR is all plastic, so an earth connection isn't necessary.

Reply to
Chris Hogg