Lidl parking

Women drivers don't have to be bad.. I find the ones taught to drive by their husbands are bad, the ones that had a driving instructor are far better.

Reply to
dennis

shouldn't it be Mrs Pounder Madam

tim

Reply to
tim.....

That's a purely practical consideration and isn't a satisfactory legal basis for ignoring their letters.

The only legal basis for doing so, would be if they'd never won such a case. And even then circumstances might change.

michael adams

michael adams

That's what I just said, above.

Unlike in this case, AFAIUI Beavis is appealing simply on the grounds that it's "unfair"; on a matter of principle, not on matters of fact. And as such I'm rather surprised that he's got this far.

In this case the OP is in the right, he shopped at Lidl and didn't exceed the limit. And there's proof of this as he paid by credit card and his car was filmed by the CCTV both in and out. So he doesn't need to do anything or explain himself in any way. As it happens he helpfully explained to them that he'd paid by CC, which is more than I'd have done.

michael adams

michael adams

You use rucksacks with a car? Knew you were odd.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Speed and reliability. What most hated about commuting (it's thirty years since I last had to) was getting to the station to find a train cancelled etc: all too easy for a ~30 minute journey to the suburbs to become 2 hours. Or longer when it was a case of dashing out from a theatre to catch the last train home which was not running so then a long round-about journey by an alternative route.

Reply to
DJC

Of course. I hear that your latest gf has two backs.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

As in Madam Pounder?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

No, that was the first thing I thought of the size of the plastic crates I use that everyone would know the size of.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You'd have to if you walked.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

If you didn't use a f***ed up browser that admits what country you're in, you'd see it just fine, as I did.

Different video, also funny.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

What, they all moved in after you did?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

As I posted further up the thread, I'm not sure how this proves that the OP made a purchase at the relevant time unless

(a) his bank provided the name and address associated with his card to Lidl and they passed them to the parking enforcers who obtained those associated with his car registration from the DVLA and matched the two up

or

(b) he told the parking enforcers his card number and they got Lidl to confirm from their records that he made a purchase at the relevant time.

Reply to
Chris

Unless nothing.

The CC transaction will give the location and exact time and date.

You can't really get a much better standard of proof than that.

The fact that the claimant may have to jump through hoops to satisfy themselves that the OP is speaking the truth as he claims, or in the end find themselves unable to do so, is entirely their problem. Not his.

Its not for the OP to jump through hoops to prove anything. Not even to answer letters or emails.

It's up to the company to either swallow it, or take him to Court and when judgement goes against them, at a bare minumum pay him his costs when he produces the CC evidence as supplied by his CC provider which proves he was speaking the truth.

michael adams

michael adams

And the cardholder's name? I didn't realise that. In that I case I would agree that...

Reply to
Chris

Our station has half a dozen 'short stay' bays right in front of the main entrance. One day, some woman in a Chelsea tractor managed to occupy three bays at once by just parking at right angles to the bays (none were occupied).

I parked in the bay right in front of her, forcing her to (shock, horror) reverse. Apparently she swore a lot (I was inside buying an advance ticket, but my son was in the car and tought it highly amusing).

Reply to
Bob Eager

number

checkout.

Presumably becase the car park is only free for 90 minutes to customers of Lidl.

Personally if I got a notice from such a parking co and I had used the related shop and told the parking co that it would be up to the parking co to prove I hadn't used the shop. The shop will have CCTV, I don't see why I have to provide any evidence, make the shop and parking co do the work.

This has interesting Data Protection implications, can the parking co have access to the shops CCTV recordings without a court order?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Why would it need to show the cardholder's name ?

The CC transaction will give the CC number. Which is unique to the cardholder.

As I explained before the fact that the name of the cardholder might not be transparent to the claimant, is their problem. Not that of the OP. Did you not understand this ?

As I explained before the OP has all the "proof" he needs, to show he's speaking the truth, should the need arise.

To repeat. Should the need arise.

Which would be in Court, should the company choose to doubt his word.

Before then it's not incumbent on the OP to "prove" to the Parking co. or anyone else, that he's speaking the truth.

If they choose not to believe him, then they can take him to Court and find out the hard way.

In particular in explaining why, in this particular instance, they chose not to believe him.

This is the only context in which the notion of "proof" arises in this present instance.

michael adams

michael adams

software

The cynic says good programming. The notices take a while to arrive, the dozy won't be able to remember what they did on that day and just pay up...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not many knuckle draggers up here either.

That's the customers of the Waitrose, 400 yds from a Tesco Extra that has an Aldi next door. Aldi suffers from elderly ditherers.

I've also switched some of the shop to Aldi in the last year, fresh veg is cheaper than Tesco by 20% ish, is equal in quality and generally has a better shelf life. Other things have been tried and some rejected some adopted as one might expect.

Tesco are pissing me off at them moment by dropping some of the things that we like but aren't easily available elsewhere. Stock items varies across stores as well, I was shopping coming home from work last night about midnight as I was passing within a couple of miles of a store that does stock things we want that the normal store doesn't.

Waitrose have an intersting promo at the moment, get a "My Waitrose" card and you can choose up to 10 items from selected ones to get an extra 20% discount on those items. That 20% on top of any other promo/reduction/offer. This does bring some things below Tesco prices...

Costco, about once/quarter, but they keep dropping things we want as well. The membership fee was easy to save 10 years ago but it's getting close now, the other problem is that CostCo is a hundred mile round trip.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice