Lidl parking

That was my thought initially, but this is really defamation and its consequences.

Aren't we therefore talking of High Court action?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Aldi is just about the only grocer still selling breadcrumbed Camemberts. Their junk collection is much wider than Lidl.

Reply to
Capitol

That was my thinking about a year ago. Now about 80% of our weekly shop comes from Aldi and the rest from a fortnightly trip to ASDA and the odd trip to Costco.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Simply this:

If you have some land you can run a private car park, no question. Put a bloke in a kiosk or a pay and display machine, whatever you like,

BUT you are NOT entitled to issue a fine or a ticket for non-compliance or failure to pay and you are NOT entitled to clamp either.

So what looks like a parking ticket is actually only an invoice for inflated charges on the basis that you agreed to a contract when you parked there because the terms were written up on a sign. But you didn't read the small print and even if you did unreasonable terms are unenforceable under consumer legislation.

So it is a scam tolerated by every town council in every town centre in the land. If you ignore the demands the 'fine' wil be doubled and doubled until it is in the hundreds and backed up by letters from solicitors that probably don't even exist, with charges added on so it can get quite scary. In the end it is all bluster and hollow threats. they can't enforce it in court.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim w

Fair enough. In the same town as my Lidl you get the first two hours free in the town centre car park.

Reply to
Nightjar

Then the station should build themselves a car park. Why did the council approve a station with no car park?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

As it happens I wasn't advising the OP to do anything. I was simply making an observation.

Any advice on offer would have been in the webpage to which I left a link

As to Beavis I'm not aware of any judgement being made, and in any case with Beavis, there is no disagreement as to fact.

In this case there most certainly is. It's for the complainant to prove that the OP hadn't shopped in Lidl at the appropriate times, not for him to prove that he had.

michael adams

michael adams

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

Lidl have set a 2 hour limit at my local shop. Not that it's ever more than half full.

Reply to
Jonno

That's rather like asking why Windsor Castle was built so close to Heathrow airport.

Reply to
charles

No it isn't.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Since the station waa built before the age of the motor car - and Town & Country planning did not exist - it is very similar

Reply to
charles

And everything nearby is equally old is it? When a building is knocked down, a car park should be made if there aren't enough already.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter station (Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it was seldom more than half full. Most of those commuters who were lucky enough to have a car left it at home with the wife.

Reply to
newshound

All these problems are solved by not living so close to each other. I don't have parking problems in Scotland.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

That probably depends where in Scotland.

Reply to
charles

Yes there are a couple of horrid places called Glasgow and Edinburgh, but normal people don't live there.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Defamation? No. Theft maybe!

Reply to
Graham.

Women driving? Next thing they'll will be smoking pipes.

Reply to
Graham.

What theft? How have the parking charge company benefited from this theft?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Tough Guy no. 1265