Lidl offers

The Medway Handyman

Tx for that. My Bosch SDS burned out in May, and I was surprised at how expensive a replacement was, given that it cost £80 10 years ago, and is still £80 now.

I see a trip to Lidl this weekend. The digital calipers and angle finder look nifty too ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Make sure you keep the receipt somewhere safe. Lidl will normally refund for anything within the 3? year warranty - provided you have the receipt.

Not that I'm suggesting you will have problems with that drill - I've got several Lidl tools of all sorts and have found them excellent value for money. I have their 9" angle grinder which has had heavy use both by me and a pal, and despite showing that is still going strong. Couldn't really ask more of a Makita. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tx again ... it would only be for 2x a year type use. Which is all my old one did. The problem is I tried to put 6" hole in a wall, and got carried away, and by the time I smelled the burning ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Then head along to Aldi for some bits to go with it.

I wonder if they plan these things/

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In article , The Medway Handyman writes

Also, earlier this week they had a selection of palette knives, one option was a set of 'japanese' ones, extra flexible, no conventional handle, pack of 10, various sizes, 2 of each, £2.99, excellent deal.

Reply to
fred

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

They insist on the original receipt with any return but as it is flimsy thermal paper I always take a copy and staple the original to it and (sadly) file it with all the other guarantees. And yes I did get one wet once and put it on the radiator to dry, only once . . . . .

Reply to
fred

No Pozis in the Aldi ones, only Philips.

Of the two bit sets available in Lidl, one has Philips only but the other is a proper set with a good mix.

Reply to
fred

I once went back with a dead kettle and waved the thermally-cleaned receipt under the nose of the manager. He saw the funny side of it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon