Lidl offers

Any effect will take some time to appear. Nothing much will happen as the traders are all hedging their positions. That's not my opinion by the way, it's the reports I'm getting from Canary Wharf traders. As it looks increasingly likely that Trump will be the next US president, the city traders are in for very big bonuses if they guess right over the next year!

Reply to
Capitol

Moist bigger tools IME are coming from China. Certainly the battery chargers and sat navs are. Product support is however coming from the UK and Germany.

Reply to
Capitol

We can only compete on automated production products where labour/material and transport costs are less important or on products like Jaguar etc where there is a Label attraction. The services industry is interesting as it is much more creative for some reason which allows it to compete world wide. Dave mutters about the number of "media" graduates, which I can understand, but this over supply is having a very good effect on selling high(low) quality advertising and film production products abroad. It's a bit like the F1 car businesses, the UK is much more successful that you would expect.

Reply to
Capitol

Will he please lend it to the treasury first.

Reply to
Capitol